Work for us
Do you want to make a difference? Working at Break will mean you can help transform the lives of children and young adults across East Anglia.
Nobody chooses the family or circumstances they are born into. At Break we firmly believe that with the right care, there is no limit to what can be achieved.
We work across East Anglia with children and young people on the edge of care, in care and leaving care. Whether you’re interested in working in our residential homes and short breaks for children with disabilities, our pioneering Staying Close Staying Connected project or vital essentials like our family assessment centre and wraparound care offer, one thing is universal: you’ll be joining a team of passionate and dedicated individuals who want the very best for the young people they care for.
“These young people have given me so much and have taught me so much about life. They’ve brought out the best in me, both as a support worker and as a person.”
Working in children’s social care can be a lifelong career: whether you’ve already qualified or are just taking your first steps into the industry, we will support you every step of the way. We are a not-for-profit who invest any profits and additional charitable income back into the services we provide for young people.
When you join Break you are becoming part of a big team who are share the same aim: to break down the barriers faced by young people on the edge of care, in care and leaving care, thereby removing all limits on what they can achieve.
Benefits of working with Break
- Competitive salary, with defined roles and grades
- Generous holiday allowance: from 31 days (including public/bank holidays)
- Flexible working to make sure your role works in tandem with your life
- Free, career-enhancing qualifications
- A benefits platform enabling you to access discounts across a range of shops, venues and services
- A free counselling service to all our employees
- The opportunity to influence Break’s strategy and direction through
the Staff Consultation Forum
- Life assurance to the value of 3x your annual salary
- Enhanced sick pay
- Free flu jabs
Depending upon the role you apply for there may be some additional benefits, these will be clearly listed in the vacancy description on our careers site.
If you would like to speak to us regarding a current vacancy at Break, use the button below and select the Careers option in the subject box.
It would be impossible to meet our values without our staff.
- We inspire and create hope
- We are optimistic
- We make a difference
- We do the right thing
- We are inclusive
- We listen to and respect all individuals
What is a Transition Worker?
Senior Transition Worker Gemma Brunelli has worked at Break for two years. She tells us about some of the challenges the young people face and why she loves working for Break